SNL 0.31% $22.40 supply network limited

Again, a clean and uncluttered set of accounts from SNL, which...

1. 16,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8048
    Again, a clean and uncluttered set of accounts from SNL, which take a mere few minutes to reconcile into my financial model for the company.

But unlike just about all SNL's financial results which contain only bouquets, in this one there is a rather significant brickbat:

While the Australian business continues its superlative performance...

SNL Australia.JPG

... for some reason, the New Zealand business recorded a loss in the second-half (despite the impressive Revenue performance):

SNL NZ.JPG

As can be seen from the operating history of the NZ business, what happened in JH2023 was most unusual.  It is clearly not due to a product demand issue (given the robust Revenue in the half), so is clearly an outworking of incurring of a higher level of operating expenses.

The question is to what extent this elevated level of operating expense is permanent, or merely temporary related to some kind of one-off exercise, in which case the situation will normalise in due course.

I strongly suspect it being a case of the latter, but it is something which warrants some scrutiny, and monitoring, in subsequent periods.

It is on my list of things to raise when I chat to the CFO, which I will do in coming days.  Will revert with the response I receive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SNL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.40
Change
0.070(0.31%)
Mkt cap ! $952.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.59 $22.78 $22.20 $170.0K 7.588K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 43 $22.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.50 838 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SNL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.