WBT 0.43% $2.31 weebit nano ltd

really?that poster has continually claimed 4DS would produce a...

1. 4,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8348
    really?

that poster has continually claimed 4DS would produce a process node out of IMEC at the most advanced node that R&D facility can produce 7nm so claimed by the individual concerned
    ( go and check the threads and you will verify that information - the table is a figment of the poster imagination and excitement as was the posters claims about 7nm process node - and the poster is highly knowledgeable and well researched - yet very wide of the mark)

I, and some others pointed out several times across many months that this was nonsense and the best hopium outcome was 20nm to be competitive with DRAM market segment dominated by the cartel of dram- Samsung, SKHynix and Micron

the mask / etch and pcmo die encounters manufacturing annealing and etch issues as you scale down ( see micron patent details and data - they have been here before ....yes that is Micron - they abandoned the work as they could not scale and maintain integrity of etch - etch at each process node must be amended to new masks and be successful and that is USD 5 mill minimum per node) that is could not achieve market competitive yield - this is freely available information to any prepared to do the appropriate research)

So - the current news is great for them BUT - 60nm test platter that has produced access through an improved mask / etch process and will allow data read out of the CELL to be recorded is not a commercial reality yet...

PCMO 60nm reram cell ( poor wafer yield in any advanced facility which increases production cost ) has no commercial adoption advantage in either advanced or legacy foundry.
    They must develope an access transistor to replace IMECs test platform access transistor

talk of a functioning competitive chip breaking through to augment dram now is pure nonsense and premature excitement on the well deserved access success they announced.

it must demonstrate yield and scalability
    it must demonstrate foundry / fab reproducibility (which IMEC test production says it will ...test being the key word there) AND a foundry / Fab must be confident enough to set aside a fab line in current production to prove viability on manufacture - IF they were prepared to do that THEN 4DS must run qual - test and verification on the test platter at thier cost to confirm fab production .....

as far as the 'success' 4DS announced last week and in the context of the short explanation above about a path forward with a chip....this is not a chip yet it is a 60nm test die.... they at best would get interest from a manufacturer to purchase the IP and current 60nm functioning 'test' die.
    ( USD 500 million tops)
    I am not down ramping on the cousin - it is the reality of this success which is fantastic - it looked dead in the water with no heart beat ...well it has a heart beat and congratulations to all holders for this major development success

to the original point of a cost competitive 20nm pcmo reram chip - many years of development away and many many millions yet in the venture ....

Sale price now .....there will be little to no interest imo -

Micron is my pick as best collaborator going forward - if they are interested - they have the technological expertise in the material and understand what they would be investing in.

this is not my opinion - I hold a parcel of 4DS shares - I have for many years

it is the current situation going forward.

Any considering entering and buying a parcel should as always do the required due diligence - the info is out there

something to think about and research outside of HC threads and 'experts'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.31
Change
-0.010(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $436.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.32 $2.35 $2.30 $611.1K 262.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 29735 $2.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.33 2938 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.