TPC 0.14% $11.05 tpc consolidated limited

Ann: Appendix 4E and Annual Report, page-22

1. 124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Yeah $50m unwound to P&L and essentially hidden (ex $3m in derivatives line).

I don't pretend to be a hedge accounting expert but two points I would make:-
    Firstly, Gross margins have almost doubled so clearly this more than efficient hedging - the unwound hedges have gone to GP - and that's just flat-out incorrect - auditors asleep
    Secondly, hedge accounting is not compensation for lost customers, it is hedging their wholesale costs (their accounting policy note says that).
    So if they had lower wholesale costs (due to reduced business as a result of shutting down) then on a unit for unit basis the hedging should reduce too - the excess is essentially trading energy prices (or inefficient to use accounting phraseology) and should be shown separately.

Overall they don't wanna show it separately as it would highlight that that the business was unprofitable - which also becomes a political problem with AER for their conduct, as the AFR wrote about here
    copyright link/companies/energy/energy-retailers-submit-financials-to-aer-as-scrutiny-grows-20220726-p5b4sx

P.S. I don't understand hubris around questionable accounting

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.05
Change
-0.015(0.14%)
Mkt cap ! $125.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.05 $11.05 $10.94 $33.35K 3.034K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2497 $11.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.05 360 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TPC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.