ARB 0.05% $40.33 arb corporation limited.

Another steady as she goes kind of result from ARB. Nothing to...

1. 744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 238
    Another steady as she goes kind of result from ARB. Nothing to get excited about.

I do note the following:
    - An increase of 5 stores from this time last year, from 56 to 61. This is the biggest annual increase in the number of stores in the past 10 years.
    - A new Victorian warehouse is going to be operational in this financial year, FY2018
    - Factories in both Thailand and Australia are running at full capacity throughout the year
    - Export grew strongly in FY17, hopefully this continues in FY18
    - OEM is also expected to continue to grow in FY18
    - New store design in Australia
    - Strong operating cashflow, replenishing the cash balance, which now sits at $27.6m

On to the negatives:
    - The current trend of decreasing profitability margins continues
    - The current trend of decreasing ROE, ROIC also continues
    - Stock turnover ratio also continues to go down

---

With franking credit balance currently sitting at around $32m, ARB should be in the position to declare another special dividend of at least $1.00 fully franked in FY2020. If this happens, the dividend will probably be paid sometime in December 2019, which is just over 2 years away.

Although I don't agree with the reasons/logic behind these special dividends, but since I can't change anything anyway, then I might as well be grateful and enjoy it if it does ever come again.

The previous one in FY2015, which I opted for DRP, is still in the money. I will probably do the same again next time since the DRP is usually offered at a discount to the prevailing share price at the time.

In the mean time, the ARB file will be closed for another 6 months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$40.33
Change
0.020(0.05%)
Mkt cap ! $3.272B
Open High Low Value Volume
$40.09 $40.33 $39.46 $4.074M 101.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 114 $40.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$40.33 597 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.