PGC 0.00% 45.5¢ paragon care limited

This is an interesting thread.I have been watching Paragon for 6...

1. 1,821 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 131
    This is an interesting thread.

I have been watching Paragon for 6 months. One of my points of interest is that they have recently appointed a new CEO. Often this results in a strategic review, sale of non-core assets, retrenchment of excess personnel and a big impairment charge. Well, "nail me to a cross and call me Jesus!"; that's exactly what happened.

But a couple more things; changes in accounting standards and a set of accounts, 4E format, with no Notes and no explanations and all the sins of the past hidden in the massive $70m administration cost and in the accounting treatment of the discontinuing operations.

I examined the history of Paragon. It rose from the ashes of a company called Citrofresh in mid-2008. It has been churning assets ever since. Nothing remains of the early acquisitions. Now it is a (mainly) reseller of a collection of medical capital and consumable products. I don't think they have a DNA. The strategy slides in the AGM pres are pretty but is a bit like putting "lipstick on a pig!"

My view? What for the complete AR, look closely at the notes and then decide.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $744.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.5¢ 45.5¢ 45.0¢ $101.9K 224.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 61462 45.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.0¢ 25482 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.20pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PGC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.