AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

I believe there will be other players, I can think of one which...

1. 190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 253
    I believe there will be other players, I can think of one which has been vocal about the goal of achieving a similar end product as AKP has, and they are in research mode to get there. But AKP's technology will be first to market. No one else has the SPL at 1m, because they are just using MEMS as a conventional speaker - not using ultrasonics for DSR. For all other MEMS speakers on the market SPL is measured as in ear SPL. That is a fact.. The only use case is in ear or on ear - ie headphones/ear buds. So as painful as it has been to have to wait, and wait, and wait, and experience all the setbacks again and again, it gives me assurance that AKP has a big moat, because all these other players will face just as many setbacks and delays in their own approach to get to AKP's SPL. This stuff is hard to do, so we will have I believe a significant head start and pay off due to that. There will be a window where AKP will be valued appropriately. but leave it too long into the future and the appropriate value will eventually be based on the fact they won't have 100% market share.
    For now of course all this is not solid yet, need to get funding in order (personally not worried about that at all) and get at least the 6" wafer line running (new equipment installed and operating) at the fab that EM has engaged for that.
    I base all my views on what the companies involved in MEMS speakers publish - I don't embellish or add my own twist. Same goes for what AKP publishes. There is nothing else to go on. I have to assume what is published is fact and decide based on that. I cannot assume it is misleading, with that kind of doubt it is impossible to invest in anything. But dreaming up alternative speculations as to the "real" reality with no evidence to back it is utterly foolish. If the published info is one day revealed to have been misleading, sure it is a loss (which I am prepared for - never put all eggs in one basket etc) and so I am willing take that risk but believe it a narrow risk only. I also believe the reward is far greater than the risk - again based on the state of play for this technology and the use case. It is clear as day this tech or if it is a competitor, will be adopted universally.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.