NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Ann: Application for preliminary discovery against Spookfish, page-75

1. 205 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Yes. Anybody can walk in (after passing through the metal detectors of course) to the Supreme Court building and make their way to the applicable court room. There are plenty of seats for viewing up the back and it is not uncommon for journalists, legal students, relatives, friends and other interested parties (like shareholders) to be present. Somebody might get curious about you and enquire about your interest to the case but only the judge can tell you to leave.

Court etiquette. If the court is already in session and the judge is in the room, you need to bow on entry/exit. Stand when the judge stands. Sit when the judge sits. Turn your phone to silent and don't make a ruckus. Simple.

Having said that, I wouldn't bother if I were you. It will be pretty dry and the juicy stuff (like any decisions) will be made available online. Court is horrifically boring 99% of the time. If this ever gets to the stage of allegations against individuals and cross-examination, then that is when court goes from 99% boring to only about 90% boring.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.