NOR 3.03% 3.2¢ norwood systems limited

I am going to tap myself for being a little critical about NOR...

1. 3,359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 427

I am going to tap myself for being a little critical about NOR here but this will be the last...

If he was a great salesman like you make it out to be, this would be pulling in contract after contract, dollar after dollar... So I dont think he is a great seller of CRs and dreams... More like a guy who has spent time in the loop more than usual to get the product right and is possibly closer than ever but yet not there... In the past by the time he did that, tech surpassed NOR's project purpose like what happened with worldphone... The product was fine but the team never looked for a quick T/O or a way to turn it into a mass-market product... They probably expected it to go viral but it was not that important either... While this back and forth juggling was happening whatsapp came by intent of wiping out the entire VOIP segment... Obviously the founders were smart... They made a killing selling it to facebook and fb pumped their reserves into it...

While its questionable as how NOR has been run for 6 years, I can tell you this - Right after hitting rock bottom in terms of market sentiment, most IT companies do reach to the right product the market wants... Not an assurance but a great possibility... If you go back to IT incubators, most of these companies have had to struggle with niche and market penetration right after a product is ready not because they dont have the money, or investment but because they are scared of releasing it to a replicating market or they simply just fear the commercialization aspect of it... Conceptualizing, analyzing and commercializing all play a key role and when one is missing, IT companies will never take off...

Lets check our BRN for a second... They are selling a massive solution but havent got it right... Analysts have even said BRN will not see a single dime for the next three years or be profitable for the next 5 years but that didnt stop the SP going from 0.03 to 1.66 at its peak... On what - a story, that hasnt even eventuated... That is how IT stocks work unfortunately...

Now lets come to NOR's biggest mistakes and match it with BRN...

BRN pumped the heck out of the price and did massive CR's as they went up... They pumped that money in R&D and marketing their product in parallel and still have all the cash in the world in their coffers...
    Vs
    NOR let the price free-fall while they were getting the product right... Did insignificantly small CRs and have been close to serious financial issues because nobody wants to pump anymore cash into a free-falling sp..

BRN professionalized investor relations/ presentations and got instos and strategic cornerstone investors involved in the business...
    Vs
    NOR left it to market forces and retail to decide on staying or bailing as holders and most bailed...

BRN has one of the best investor relations/ PR/ communication there is among IT stocks...
    Vs
    NOR doesnt know what that is or they would be throwing announcements showing progress twice a month...

BRN isnt looking for clients just yet but strategic partners who can build on the overall end to end process...
    Vs
    NOR doesnt know what partnerships are...

BRN is now a billion dollar company
    Vs
    NOR who can do much more potentially is a sick horse...

BRN picked a brilliant niche
    Vs
    NOR picks and drops stuff

OKAY NOW LET ME TALK OF THE POSITIVES:

NOR has revenue with a proven concept
    Vs
    BRN has jack-all with an unproven story

NOR has market/ sector/ segment experience
    Vs
    BRN is still collecting that know-how and shooting in the dark

NOR has the potential to grow multi-fold and is massively undervalued right now
    Vs
    BRN is absurdly over-valued

NOR has already entered the doors of the big corporates like Microsoft etc
    Vs
    BRN is still in the driveway looking for an entrance

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.2¢
Change
-0.001(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $15.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 3.1¢ $3.917K 125.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 230645 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.13pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.