POS 20.0% 0.6¢ poseidon nickel limited

Judging by the lack of commentary, I'm somewhat surprised that...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,123 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2316
    Judging by the lack of commentary, I'm somewhat surprised that this announcement appears to have flown under the radar of the ~135m bids @ 0.3c current sitting ITQ.

Those following along will know that the recent CR wasn't well supported by the market (to put it mildly). It's common knowledge there were 769m shortfall shares after the dust had settled. Some might remember the standard phrasing upon completion of the EO that mentioned the Board reserved the right to place some or all of the remaining shortfall within three months after the closing date at a price no lower that 0.3c/share. All standard stuff.

This announcement revealed that, instead of sitting on-screen in the bid queue at 0.3c with the other ~135m bids, it seems at least one enterprising punter decided to approach the company directly to purchase ~21.9m ($65,700) of that large overhang, thus by-passing queue.

As a result the current balance of remaining available shortfall share overhang that appears to be ready for the taking (directly from the company) has now slightly reduced to 'only' 747.5m shares. Only. Other than any props who might be currently part of the 135m on-screen bid mix @ 0.3c, if this was a vanilla purchase (see below), what does it say about the others??

Also, it's theoretically possible that the issuance of this 21.9m wasn't actually caused by a vanilla purchase from a retail buyer, but actually a placement to an intermediary to place ITQ on the sell-side (on behalf of the company). Think piloting of Laundromat 2.0. Seems like a bit of work for such a small payoff, esp. when there's ~135m-ish of potential low-hanging fruit on the bids. But it is theoretically possible.

I favour the first explanation. However, given I was the punter who originally spotted (and broke the news of) Laundromat 1.0 buried deep in the reporting back in the day (during 2016-2018) there's that historical awareness.

Last edited by zebster: 19/09/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $25.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.6¢ $25.55K 4.259M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 17019881 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 9886179 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.