TNT 0.00% 13.0¢ tesserent limited

Ann: Application for quotation of securities - TNT, page-18

1. 6,262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2284
    It's hard to predict where the share price will be in a month after the 4C quarterly
    is released. Basically the market will decide. I just hope that TNT finally attains
    a valuation that is consistent with our ASX peers and cyber security stocks in
    general. I don't believe our EBITDA can be used to do a reliable valuation
    because it will be heavily perturbed by one-off acquisition costs, as JC has
    mentioned. The next best reliable measure of a valuation is probably the EV/sales ratio.
    Hard data on EV/sales for cyber security is difficult to find, but an international study
    in 2019 showed it was around ~5.5x , and it was then trending upwards too
    (see post # 50412092 ). FZO just posted ~$18m revenues for FY21, so their EV/sales
    ratio is 15.5x. Even Nuix with all its problems and woes has a ratio right now of ~4.8x
    (down from ~20x). Our current EV/sales as of COB today is ~2.5x (assuming say
    A$110m/y sales with EV=$277m). We really should have at least an average
    EV/sales of ~5.5x, and probably a bit higher than that would not be unreasonable for
    a market leader. That would imply an EV >$609m, or a share price of >57c.
    About a year ago, some people here were predicting the share price would
    reach the 50c-60c range based on the $40m/y RRR target for the end of FY20.
    But TNT is a different beast a year later. It has grown considerably, as now has an RRR
    of more than $180m/y. It looks to me that TNT is now very much undervalued again.

All IMHO, DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TNT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.