TRH 0.00% 83.0¢ transit holdings limited

Not yet sure what to think of Hugh... But all I want from this...

1. 3,159 Posts.
    Not yet sure what to think of Hugh... But all I want from this guy is permits, drilling and a JORC. I'd like to think he has the experience and know how required to achieve these outcomes.

http://www.mineweb.co.za/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page72102?oid=101409&sn=Detail&pid=1
    Meanwhile, merger and acquisition activity in the global fertiliser space continues apace. Just a year ago, Sioux City-based Terra Industries voiced an out-of-hand rejection of an unsolicited bid from CF Industries, a nitrogen-maker and phosphate miner, and, at the same time, CF Industries found itself on the receiving end of an unsolicited bid from Agrium.

Earlier this year, Terra accepted a USD 4.1bn cash offer from Norway's Yara. Earlier this month, that was pushed aside as Terra accepted a USD 4.7bn offer from CF Industries. Yara ranks as fourth largest fertiliser company in the world, after PotashCorp, Mosaic, and unlisted Belaruskali. Yara's putative deal with Terra would have moved Yara further toward what may be considered the optimum production mix between potash, phosphate and nitrogen. Yara remains heavily weighted to nitrogen.

Fertiliser has become a focus for the world's biggest diversified resources stock, BHP Billiton, most recently seen in its USD 320m cash bid for Athabasca Potash. Also on the fertiliser hunt is Vale, the world's No 2 miner, by value, after BHP Billiton, which recently announced an all-cash USD 3.8bn bid for 100% of BPI, a division of Bunge, which owns phosphate rock mines and phosphates assets in Brazil, and a 54% stake in Brazil's Fosfertil.

Vale has long ranked as Brazil's sole potash miner, at Rosario do Catete. In early 2009 Vale bought Rio Tinto's potash assets in Argentina and Canada, for USD 850m. BHP Billiton in May 2008 bought Anglo Potash for USD 282m, which held 25% of a Canadian joint venture company, in which BHP Billiton already held the other 75%. The Jensen project is adjacent to the Burr Project, under acquisition from Athabasca Potash.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.