ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,753 Posts.
    From the SMH on Friday 15th Oct.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/alfs-ali-reference-takes-cryptic-cake-20101014-16lve.html

The casual dinner meeting that led to Laurence Freedman being appointed to the boards of Carrick Gold and Condor Nickel in August has now led to his appointment as the chairman of the two junior explorers.

Despite being the third chairman to take the helm of Carrick and Condor since the death of their founder, Frank Carr, in June, Freedman yesterday declared ''upheavals of the past few months'' were over. The upheavals included the former chairman Ian Burston, who convinced Freedman to join the board, stepping down in late August and the interim chairman, Brian Martin, stepping down yesterday.

Freedman, however, is still in a rush to get things done, setting himself an 18-month timeline to achieve his mission. The former Network Ten director, who made a mint with his former partner Brian Sherman selling his EquitiLink funds management business to Aberdeen Asset Management in 2000, argued both companies (in which he has a sizeable stake) were ''under-known and under-researched''.

Freedman credited Carr in doing a good job prospecting. ''He found the gold and other minerals but he didn't really believe he needed to talk to the market as such,'' he said.

Freedman also seems to have grown tired of standing on the sidelines since leaving the Ten board in 2004. ''I have decided it is time to get into the tent, rather than be on the outside of the tent. I think I've got to get into the tent and be part of the process, rather than be on the outside of the tent frustrated.''

End quote.

Get into that tent Laurence. With a name like that you should show some aptitude.

Google Image Result for http://www.filmreference.com/images/sjff_01_img0286.jpg

Lawrence helping out on-site.

The pistol is for downrampers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.