WKT 3.85% 12.5¢ walkabout resources ltd

imo It’s not a matter of seeing the potential, it’s about can...

1. 2,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 462
    imo It’s not a matter of seeing the potential, it’s about can they actually make it happen. Many factors in play. WKT as a company have never gone from explorer to producer before. Tanzania as the location has a high uncertainty value in any risk equation. Time and current world state with COVID is another obstacle to name a few.

WKT have gone with an experienced EPC contractor for the explore to production part. Civil and site works are underway.The board is being bolstered big time to get then right people with the right knowledge to kick it along. What they can’t do is pick up the ore body and stick it in a more stable and proven reliable country.

This will be a slower burn than many would like to think. An announcement of contracts and board appointments are great but has not actually progressed getting to production yet. Once project milestone events are being ticked off we should see a little confidence build and the SP move. Ultimately it comes down to can they get the grey gold on ships and sold. There will be a robust amount of skepticism held regarding the timeline set out until WKT have baskets leaving for boats. Lots to achieve meaning lots of room for delays or factors out of WKT’s control to roll in and screw it up. 3 months of unusually heavy rain seen else ware around the world for example, container shortage could be a surprise factor.

I do think WKT will be in production in 2022 but Q1, Q2 or even Q3 are all possible. I am confident but not naive enough to hold my breath for Q1. Would love to see WKT hold to schedule and see the SP rise steadily but it’s a tough time to be doing anything right now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $83.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.0¢ 12.5¢ $10.71K 83.23K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 69810 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 43105 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 3.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.8¢ 12.8¢ 12.5¢ 8651
Last updated 15.24pm 03/05/2024 ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.