AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Ann: Appointment of Director and Chair-elect, page-2

1. 4,373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2712
    Great move, imo. Peter Coleman is from the big end of town, albeit that town being Perth, similarly to MD Martin is a hydrocarbons insider who has turned green, and is an Aussie - the risk with Allchem having its MD and HQ in Argentina is that it loses its Aussie edge (WA is a / the centre of upstream lithium in the world and Australian lithium companies are at the vanguard of the sector's surging development).

The loss of both chair and deputy, plus a company secretary, in quick succession could indicate some instability or tension but for the time being I am willing to assume that this is the board transition that I think was flagged during the merger process. As I noted recently Allkem has not kicked any major goals since the merger just over a year ago but it does seem to have handled the merger process fairly well (in itself a major achievement). The Allkem board and management have a number of significant milestones that they have to meet in the coming months and years and now is probably as good a time as any to have a changeover within the top team. First up is to get on the front foot in WA, hopefully with good news about Mt Cattlin sometime this week. Then later this month Naraha then by the end of the year Olaroz and environment approval for James Bay.

I don't pay much attention to the AKE share price but in doing this post I see it is down again. Boring. Not sure what price it "should" be other that it is simply not a $13 stock.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.