GMC 0.00% 0.6¢ gulf manganese corporation limited

There’s no doubt the fundamentals of the project are sound, it’s...

1. 1,785 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 843
    There’s no doubt the fundamentals of the project are sound, it’s the execution that’s been extremely poor.
    Firstly, several binding agreements for financing have fallen through, you would think that after the first one fell through they would make sure with subsequent funding that all the I’s are dotted and all the T’s are crossed and had their legal representatives make sure it was fool proof so that there would be serious consequences if the party backed out, but no that didn’t happen again.
    Secondly, anyone remember the DSO? The thing that was supposed to add additional revenue to help with the smelter construction. The thing we were waiting for, for over a year and when it finally came what happened, where did all that high grade manganese go? Why wasn’t someone from the company at the mine checking what was sent and if they were at the mine they should lose their job for not picking up on the lower grade. Perhaps they have as a couple of directors left. And why wasn’t the money set aside for that used for that. The equation seems simple enough, sell direct shipped ore, receive payment, buy and sell more direct shipped ore, receive payment rinse and repeat.
    You could probably set your watch to the frequency that they ask for freebies...for doing what?
    I asked Hamish once at an investor presentation “why didn’t you put an escrow period on the shares from the recent funding” (as they were dumped as soon as they hit the market and crashed the price) and he answered “hindsight is a wonderful thing”, and I thought to myself, I’m no director but even I know that should be attempted. I remember thinking to myself when we received more funding and more shares were dumped “what happened to hindsight.”
    No doubt it’s a hard project to move forward, but when you make the same mistakes over and over, something is not right.
    Not all of this can be blamed on COVID by the way, many companies have found a way to adapt and are thriving.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.