PEK 2.63% 18.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Ann: Appointment of Head of Marketing & Sales, page-8

1. sjl
    1,228 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 346
    I can't agree with your assessment here.

The mine? The initial BFS (remember: next year's BFS is an update to the BFS, not the first release) was estimating two to three years to first revenue, and three to four years to steady state production. The permit is coming; Tanzania would not have made the statements they have if they were not fully intending to grant it once the framework has been agreed upon. Offtakes? The best we can expect prior to the final grant of the permit is MOUs (memorandum of understanding); no customer is going to agree to buy product that may or may not appear.

Now is the right time to start bringing on the staff necessary to get ready for production. A marketing manager is definitely high on the list of needs. We can't stay mothballed forever and expect the company to thrive; sooner or later Peak has to start spending serious money, knowing that it'll be a year or two (or possibly more) until the revenue starts flowing in.

You said "they need to get moving" - and that's exactly what this announcement tells me they're doing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.