SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

Financial press today re Telstra - my bold text "Australia’s...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,635 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 318
    Financial press today re Telstra  - my bold text

"Australia’s biggest telecommunications provider is eyeing off how aerial vehicle platforms that operate at much higher altitudes than commercial jetliners can be used during natural disasters and to provide services to the bush.
    At low altitudes, Telstra has 16 licensed pilots flying remotely piloted aircraft across five zones nationally and uses the hi-tech gadgets to inspect mobile towers and restore mobile services in areas where natural disasters have struck.
    The telco is also looking at how “high-altitude platforms” could be used to provide broadband, particularly where there have been natural disasters and to beam services to underserved rural and regional areas.
    Telstra’s executive director of network and infrastructure engineering, Channa Seneviratne, said high-altitude platforms could have a raft of uses.
    These are platforms which operate in the stratosphere (20km above sea level) and can carry a reasonable payload,” Mr Seneviratne told The Australian.
    “For us to put a base station up on one of those platforms becomes really interesting in terms of what we might want to do to provide coverage in those remote parts of Australia.
    ‘If we had a high-altitude platform, which covers all of the land mass or most of the land mass, to be able to use that for emergency situations becomes really interesting.”

Does the SAS technology provide (or is able to be changed) to be able to provide this service???

Maybe talks re technology options then a takeover???
    Last edited by skinsy11: 03/01/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.