ICG 0.00% 0.5¢ inca minerals limited

J & J. " @lockitt - Its hard to realise that current Li Battery...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 8,281 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1026
    J & J.

" @lockitt - Its hard to realise that current Li Battery tech is only at the Ford Model T stage for IC engines."

J, I realise exactly where the development of Li battery tech is and that is why I know that it is not going to meet the expectations of it's proponents.
    People on here think that by the end of next year all cars sold will be Ev's.

Pushing buyers into them at this early stage of their development will only serve to disappoint buyers and turn them off the tech. A few bad stories from pissed off buyers will spread like a bush fire.

The range is far to short for Oz requirements as they don't even live up to the quoted range on the sticker.
    The temperature has a great effect on the range, especially if it is cold.
    Highway driving also has a bad effect where as ICV's love cruising.
    The safety because of the number catching fire is scary for people, especially if they are parked in an internal garage.

Please don't tell me as many ICE cars catch fire as Ev's. I know you are to intelligent for you to think that.

The cost of electricity for anyone not charging from solar at home is as costly as petrol, not to mention the power from the socket is coal generated.

The long charging times are terrible.

You are only supposed to let the batteries drop to 20% before recharging and then only charge to 80% on the upside if you want good battery life. That equates to 40% off the claimed range just there.

They lose charge sitting in your garage by about 2% per day, which you still have to pay for.

Even the car thieves don't seem to want them.

The resale is absolutely terrible as is the ridiculous purchase price.
    The subsidies will have to be curtailed in the future because petrol taxes pay the money in taxes, or ICE owners will hang the pollies.

These are just a few reasons why uptake will be slow, there are dozens more.

If they can solve these problems I will buy one myself, but until then, its fossil all the way for me.

Anyway, unless someone wants to argue the point with me, I will shut up for now.

Lockitt

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.