A40 0.00% 8.2¢ alita resources limited

Ann: Appointment of receivers and managers, page-335

1. 15,474 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5572
    They almost 'appear' to blame A40 for their demise in this section ... lol

I am no expert on A40 but from what I have read it would appear that Burwill were in some ways responsible and also 'contributed' to A40's demise by not taking product as per their offtake agreement - just sayin'

Lithium related business

Our operation in this area was impacted directly in a negative way by the change in the industry value chain from the upstream to the downstream. Although the Bald Hill Mine in western Australia produced 77,008 tons of lithium spodumene and shipped 58,000 tons to Jiangxi Baojiang Lithium Industrial Limited (“Baojiang”, it has suffered from high production costs that led to lower-than-expected profits and cash flow, which eventually triggered a debt default of Alita, its controlling company. Meanwhile, despite Baojiang has successfully revised the pricing of the off-take contract from the fixed-scheme to the floating-scheme, it still operated at losses during first half of 2019, due to the low price of industry-grade carbonate while the higher price, profitable battery-grade product was still not in mass production. In addition, the Group’s prepayment for the purchase of spodumene was tied up for a long time, which also negatively impacted the operating cash flow. These factors have contributed to the situation that the Group has insufficient cash to fulfill some of its outstanding debt obligations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A40 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.