ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2477
    Yes, that's a good approach. I violated some of my own rather loose guidelines with this investment. One accidentally, and the other by choice.

The one I violated by choice is "invest in a company where you understand the product, the market and the business model". I understand minerals exploration, geology, and extractive mining. I don't understand potassium salt mining, production or marketing.

The one I violated by accident is "if I'm going to invest in a startup, pick one that has begun transitioning to commercial operation". I was seduced by the value proposition in the global potassium fertiliser market, and the material announcements coming from the company. And because I had made the above choice I didn't have the ability to recognise the risks. I am grateful to @sevo for the constant nitpicking and clearly argued words of caution with numbers, calculations, logical inferences, and examples. It is almost purely down to this poster that I was cautious and didn't increase my investment above my initial stake.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SO4 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.