BRN 8.82% 18.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Ann: Appointment of Sean Hehir as CEO, page-593

1. 6,614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2189
    Change of tune?

552 Posts.
    So a shareholder goes into a AGM and asks for news of their SNN technology. The CEO says he has good news and bad news, what do you want? The shareholder says give me the bad news first and get it over with. The CEO says the technology works but no one wants to buy it. The shareholder says that is terrible, the worst possible news, I need some good news now, what is the good news? The CEO says that his wife has finally agreed to divorce him.

The trouble with BRN in my opinion is the same as what has plagued AI companies forever. Great technologies, developed usually by amazing intellects, (nearly all of it in the 1970's), but the companies never turn the robots, the AI, the neural nets, into products. BRN is in this same vane. Nowhere on the board or management team shown on the web site is there a sales, marketing, business development, commercial executive of any type.

In this game, the fundamental requirement is get to market. Get sales, some revenues, and quickly, that is the proof in the pudding. The rest is talk. Expensive talk when you see the insane salaries being paid.

Having said that, getting sales is the hardest part. There is a way to make it asy though. It is achieved by having a go to market plan from the outset, so that instead of ending up with a great lab toy then turning around to see who wants to buy it, a proven sales executive would have ensured in the beginning that the technology team were developing something they new was wanted, and could sell, and could specify the functions and price point.

None of this ability has been apparent in BRN in the various boards and the top management teams, ever, and now that the company is about broke, it is too late IMO. If I were still a shareholder I'd be divorcing this team.
    Last edited by BarrelSitter: 16/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.015(8.82%)
Mkt cap ! $362.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 18.5¢ 16.5¢ $1.123M 6.408M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 38000 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.5¢ 775285 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.