BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Buddy Platform Director Appointment, Strengthening Local...

1. 2,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 486
    Buddy Platform Director Appointment, Strengthening Local Leadership, Strategic and Governance Capability

February 12, 2016 – Buddy Platform, a Seattle-based company delivering a highly secure, global platform for accessing and analyzing data from “IoT” (Internet of Things) devices, appliances and sensors, today announced the appointment of Mr. John van Ruth to the Board of Directors. His addition to the Board will help support the company in its continued growth through Mr. van Ruth’s extensive experience in IT, strategy and corporate governance with large public and listed companies.

Mr. van Ruth is currently Chief Executive Officer of Operation Finders Foundation, and holds a number of non-executive directorships. Prior to his work in the not for profit sector, he spent four years as Chief Financial Officer for Coopers Brewery, the largest Australian owned Brewery. Before Coopers Brewery, Mr. van Ruth held a number of senior executive roles with other iconic South Australian companies including the RAA of SA, Inc., Adelaide Bank and Faulding. His early career was with professional services firms EY, KPMG and Arthur Andersen with particular focus on strategic advisory services in emerging technologies in Australia, Netherlands and Canada.

Mr. van Ruth’s other non-executive directorships include Chair of the Chartered Accountants ANZ SA/NT Regional Council and councilor on the Chartered Accountants ANZ joint governing council. He is also a councilor on the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) SA Regional Council, and member of the National AICD Director Professional Development Oversight Committee.

“I couldn’t be more excited to join Buddy Platform after their recent listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), at a time when they are poised for smart growth within the Internet of Things wave,” said Mr. van Ruth. “My background working with some of the largest companies in South Australia together with my experience in corporate governance and risk management will help add to the really strong board and management team already in place.”

“I am extremely pleased to announce the appointment to the Board of someone of John’s calibre. I’ve had the pleasure of working with him on several occasions and know he’ll be a perfect fit for Buddy’s business and culture,” said David McLauchlan, CEO of Buddy Platform. “John brings a wealth of experience and is extremely well connected in the Australian corporate environment, both of which are assets which will help position Buddy for continued growth and leadership in the rapidly emerging IoT sector.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.