MYR 0.62% 80.5¢ myer holdings limited

Ann: Approach to Premier and Strategy Update, page-30

1. 1,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 116
    Yes its not always wise to throw good money after bad, but sometimes it pays off - I always had faith in Myer, its been one of my favourite shopping experiences, most of my fabulous international designer wardrobe that stands the test of time was purchased at Myer on big sale days at great prices, which was why they eventually stopped stocking the top end international designer labels cause they only sold well at clearance sales time.. lucky me! well now they will merge with more local affordable brands which sell much better and this will remedy all the losing $$ inventory that they used to get stuck with. .. which is now probably DJ's biggest issue as they still stock the premium priced international designers and a few pieces from their bargain focussed clearance sales lately have ended up with me... but won't be doing their bottom line any good. Its apparently the cosmetics departments that bring in the most $$$$ and DJs have risked stocking the utmost top notch brands to try to sell, expensive perfurmes at say $1,000 a bottle, wow I love going to those counters and spraying those pricey samples... can DJS afford to stock such aspirational goodies without damaging their profitability ? maybe ? same goes for the mens' range of stuff too
    Last edited by VMG70: 28/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.