ARU 3.03% 16.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

Ann: Arafura Launches A$20m placement and A$10m SPP, page-104

1. 3,704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1940
    Alpha, You are correct that table was compiled seven months ago, but please be assured that the data was verified, and if you actually look closer you will see it does include Halleck Ck, but it does not include MEI which will soon be include in that list of Top 5 Reserves. Peak will possibly go to China or be mothballed by Shenghe as they did to GGG

You clearly don't understand how the Mining Industry works, Again if you look at these Projects, you may notice that they are ranked on Proven (minable) Reserves, which is what really counts at the end of the day. Resources are nice to have. but there is little point proving them up beyond a 10 year production schedule. The same reasoning applies the size of your Resource, which is why you will find that most of the larger Projects don't bother drilling out the whole of their Ore Bodies ~ most are still open in at least one direction and at depth. Size really does not matter much once you have enough material to ensure a 10+ year mine life.

Now, the two things that do matter are:- Profitability and Water availability. both lacking at La Paz at todays RE prices and which was also a problem for ARU until just recently. As a rule of thumb, Hydrometallurgy will consume (loose) at least one to of water for every ton of ore processed, so at La Paz where Water is a premium commodity, it makes little sense to divert water away from an already stressed river system to process low grade / value ore instead of growing food crops.

Lastly, I presume you are aware as to how long it takes to gain approvals for mining ventures in the uSA ? Seven years is fast tracking, given the significant "First Nation" population around Halleck Creek I predict quite a bit longer, even if they get DoD support.

Anyhow, enough Cross-promotion, it is very bad form,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $383.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.5¢ 15.5¢ $510.9K 3.230M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
90 5476596 15.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 1342796 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.