ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,038 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1174
    Note im not saying we are going to lose it all. Just that it was a possibility left off that list. The other two paths are probably equally likely, if not the more likely outcomes.

However i dont think this outcome would necessarily make the DRC uninvestable. It already a poor investment climate with high sovereign risk when we went in there, after all. Other countries also with similar cases or even outright government expropriations have still managed to secure outside investments. Countries and businesses sometimes have short memories when massive potential profits are at stake, and strategic interests to consider. And as far as trading partners go whilst the DRC are seeking to branch out, China still outweighs the next few countries in line put together by a considerable margin.

in saying that though i do think youre right, and that the fear of impacting their business climate further would lead the DRC to avoid this outcome if at all possible. Thats why I think ICSID has rattled their feather a little.

it's still a potential outcome though, a tad more likely than the meteorite Armageddon. But if you don't wish to consider the range of potential options then that's up to you. We are all different people as you say, with our own ways of doing things.

maybe that's why I'm more stressed about this situation then you! Need to get me some of that glass half full stuff

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.