FAR 0.00% 46.0¢ far limited

Hi Space Cadet et al., Thanks for the rap but I really cant...

1. 609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    Hi Space Cadet et al.,

Thanks for the rap but I really cant claim any better insights on this fanacing.

Fact is.....I got it wrong.

About 6 months ago, I calculated that raising equity below 8-9c was NOT a valid option given a minimum potential sale value of the project (I think it was US$31m/%). But it looks like the market is substantially below that ...maybe US$15-20m/%. I was hoping that the CNE (and possible FAR) sell-down would put better optics on the value which would have lifted the equity component.
    Not to be.

I do agree with some here that the PE issue may have scared off a few banks. Credit Committees absolutely detest ownership and/or operatorship changes...it negates all the guarantees/warrantees and insurances that bundle all project finance packages.
    I also was a bit surprised by the 'late' addition of the FPSO...(an extra $700m?) which would have made the financing more not less difficult....banks really dont want FPSOs as security.

Anyway...I'm not really happy with the way things played out...I'm sure this would have been a "worst-case" scenario for the Board.
    But it is what it is...and if I was looking at this today, I'd back the truck up.
    Yet there are too many skid marks from my previous trucks.

Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $42.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 46.5¢ 46.0¢ $129.4K 280.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 90053 45.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.0¢ 59021 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.33am 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.