AXE 0.00% 48.5¢ archer materials limited

The chip's ABSTRACT:We report on the design and characterization...

1. 1,177 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2628

The chip's ABSTRACT:
    We report on the design and characterization of a single chip integrated pulsed ESR detector operating at 9.1 GHz. The microsystem consists of an excitation microcoil, a detection microcoil, a low noise microwave preamplifier, a mixer, and an intermediate frequency amplifier. The chip area is about 0.7 mm^2. To exemplify its possible applications, we report the results of single pulse, Raby nutation, Hahn echo, two echoes, Carr-Purcell, and inversion recovery echo experiments performed on 0.02 and 0.05 nL samples of α,γ-bisdiphenylene-β-phenylallyl (BDPA) and 1% BDPA in polystyrene (BDPA: PS) at room temperature. The measured spin sensitivity is about 7x10^7 spins/Hz^(1/2) on a sensitive volume of about 0.1 nL. The microsystem power consumption is less than 100 mW, the RF input bandwidth is 8.8 to 9.8 GHz, the IF output bandwidth is DC to 350 MHz, and the deadtime is less than 30 ns.

Although I can't claim to comprehend what the above means, the scientific community will have a greater understanding that should provide constructive critique. Nevertheless, for what it is worth here's my key takeaways which must be taken with a pinch of salt:

Brief layman notes:
    • 9.1 GHz must break some kind of record for a desktop PC speed. The Intel Core i9-14900KS is presently the fastest at 6.2 GHz but that is a complete processing unit. Archer's chip is a 'detector' that would lead to the quantum processing part, i.e, the quantum computations will be super fast yet again. However, who's to say that this 'detector' couldn't add improvements to present day processing PC units.
    • Low-noise microwave preamplifier (LNA). I presume its function, in my opinion, is to raise the received signal high enough above the noise floor to allow to significantly lessen the 'noise problem' prior to the start of the quantum computations. BIG PLUS.
    • .7mm^2 - no idea how small that is but I'm sure a real estate expert can tell us.
    • Room temperature - ALWAYS GOING TO BE A BIG WINNER!

- -
    Peer review is crucial to Archer's success. So, it remains to be seen, how quickly the scientific community will assimilate this information. The more validation we obtain from them and the more widespread the Archer name will go. Dispelling any uncertainty is key to a SP rerate.

Feel free to comment.

AIMO, DYOR, GLTA(patient)H
    Last edited by Mallyrock: 27/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $123.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
47.0¢ 50.0¢ 46.5¢ $99.72K 204.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
48.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
47.0¢ 50.0¢ 46.5¢ 27960
Last updated 15.51pm 03/05/2024 ?
AXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.