ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Thought I'd dig out a bit of detail around the size of the global breast pump market and main players (see link below).

Obviously Australia and NZ would be only a small portion, but working on an estimate by extrapolating on a population basis vs the USA (again assuming demographics on pump usage are approx constant)

USA population 318m
    Australia + NZ = 28m

A/NZ is 8.8% of the population size of the USA - of which accounts for 50% of global sales. This equates to an 'estimate' of 4.4% for the A/NZ market, or potentially around a $20m USD market size. Further to this you could conservatively suggesting A/NZ would only buy half as many as the USA would make for a $10m market.

The interesting point on this, is that being the sole pump endorsed by the ABA will result in guaranteed sales by default, ie capturing a decent chunk of that projected $1o-20m.  I believe there is huge potential here, more so than the market is giving MLA credit for.

http://www.newsmaker.com.au/news/27...cagr-of-81-between-2016-and-2022#.WNLi-vmGNPY

"In this report, the Global breast pump market was valued at 506 million USD in 2016 and is expected to reach 805 million USD by the end of 2022, growing at a CAGR of 8.1% between 2016 and 2022.

Geographically, this report split Global into several key Regions, such as North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, especially in the developed countries like United States, Canada, Western European, Japan, Korea, Australia and the developing and big populous countries, like China, India, Mexico, Brazil, Russia and Southeast Asian countries...."

as always DYOR, IMO etc...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.