NPM 10.7% 1.6¢ newpeak metals limited

Technically pegmatites occur as veins, dykes or sills and not as...

1. 430 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    Technically pegmatites occur as veins, dykes or sills and not as layers.

Because they typically represent the final pulse of a particular intrusive event, pegmatites can be highly variable in thickness and grade. So surface thickness (and grade, depending on intensity of weathering) only provides an indication of what might be expected at depth.

I prefer to look at strike extent and pegmatite density rather than thickness. A single vein or dyke that's 30m thick and runs for 30m along strike doesn't really get my juices flowing, even if it's high grade. Look at figure 4 in the announcement and you'll see the pegmatite swarm extends throughout the El Totoral lease and is particularly dense in the southern third. Now that's juicy.

Not all pegmatites are created equal and whether or not they're mineralized depends primarily on where they're located relative to the source intrusion. At this early stage, though, I think the San Luis-El Totoral results are highly encouraging.

Regarding the new acquisitions (where the 10m thick pegmatites occur)? They're small leases, but most of them are within larger DHR leases. Acquisition costs are low and engaging the vendor on a technical contract can only be a plus for local relations. It makes good business sense to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.002(10.7%)
Mkt cap ! $4.613M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ $40.10K 2.653M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500000 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.