AJQ 0.00% 10.0¢ armour energy limited

So... we're coming to the pointy end of the review into...

1. 1,979 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 158
    So... we're coming to the pointy end of the review into hydraulic fracturing in the NT, and I'm wondering what some of the posters views are on the outcome.
    It's fair to say that those against have fought a very strong and coordinated argument (albeit often dirty and with healthy doses of misinformation).
    Now the NT CFMEU is involved to attempt control of the next territory Labor meeting, the Green-heavy self proclaimed think tank Australia Institute has harnessed the environmental scientists and sympathetic medical doctors to proclaim increases in overall emissions, and LTG has indigenous communities unwilling to accept the umpires decision unless it is that a total ban is in place.
    If I had to state which way l thought the outcome was going to go, it would be that Michael Gunner is caught between a rock and a hard place and a compromise is inevitable. The pressure currently on him must be incredible.
    I'm thinking he will permit exploration, including hydraulic fracturing, in the Beetaloo Basin only, for a few years (say 3-5), to see how it goes and to get the heavyweight Feds off his back for a while. That's not so good for those companies holding outside the Beetaloo, however l reckon he'll leave the rest open for later decision following those test years. The Green movement activists will most likely go troppo (good) but I see this as all the more reason for us to concentrate on our good tenements in Qld. ATP 1087 in NWQ could well be a ripper, and with a proactive state govt along with a desperate federal one, we might just be able to further Lawn and Riverleigh whilst those troppo activists are still bleating over NT. I also suspect that the market has factored us not receiving the NT go ahead into our share price.
    Do any posters have a view on this?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJQ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.