ALA 0.00% 16.0¢ arovella therapeutics limited

Ah Pogues / Bealo … my legal knowledge is based on watching The...

1. 1,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 713
    Ah Pogues / Bealo … my legal knowledge is based on watching The Castle twice.

But FWIW my understanding of the TGA internal review process is that the initial decision is made by a delegate to the Secretary.

SUD hasn’t liked this and so has appealed to the Minister.

The Minister will appoint a delegate who will be a Senior TGA Manger not in the area where the decision was originally made.

This person will look at all the material and advise the Minister accordingly.

Historically I think the rate of successful TGA internal appeals runs at 30%. And yes Beale most of that 30% would be big pharma with big pockets. So not great odds for a SUD.

Greg Hunt at the Press Club today indicated that he is a leave it to the experts kind of guy and will not take much of interventionist approach in drug decision making. So he is very unlikely to go against the advice from his delegate appointed to review the initial decision of the Secretary.

If there is a funny aspect to things here I think losing the TGA internal appeal will hurt your brain much more than your hip pocket.

I suspect the market has already written Artimist off and assumes the appeal will be lost. So there is only up side share p price wise.

But psychologically a rejection and not ever knowing the true reason I think will drive long term shareholders here to drink.
    Last edited by Southoz: 14/08/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.