ALA 5.71% 16.5¢ arovella therapeutics limited

Ann: ArTiMist Appeal Reasons For Decision, page-62

1. 640 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 172
    CBD, always appreciate your emails. And recognition goes to Auk, who flagged all this first.

I believe the underuse argument (using your word) applies to drugs like antibiotics where they actually kill the cause of the disease. It is important to remember that Arty is not a cure, it is a treatment. It reduces the parasite count; which keeps people alive longer. It doesn't wipe it out. So the under use theory doesn't apply here?

Knowing that type of environment, if I were to guess, it has more to do with the spray bottles being given our willy-nilly without control rather than the use being controlled to only cases where it is needed (which are quite specific). This to reduce the exposure of the parasite to the drug. Wider, uncontrolled distribution leads more parasites to exposure to artimeter and the risk of resistance. These drugs always lead to resistance because of that. The challenge is to delay that as long as possible.

I could be wrong about the specifics. I guess we will wait to see the letter, if it is provided.

For me the key is in the TGA's use of the word "control" and the lack of it, or very superficial address of it by Sud.

On a side note, when you apply this to their projections for sale of arty....... there was only ever a very small, specific market/distribution that would have been allowed. Sud gave us the impression it would go everywhere there was malaria and every member of that demographic was a likely sale. I have always urged people to understand the demographics before believing the sales projections....
    Last edited by Doole: 04/10/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
-0.010(5.71%)
Mkt cap ! $173.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.8¢ 16.5¢ $500.8K 2.930M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 1061663 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 92438 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.