AS2 0.00% 4.0¢ askari metals limited

P1 at 7345 and P1 8535 (based on visuals) don't seem to be...

1. 524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 222
    P1 at 7345 and P1 8535 (based on visuals) don't seem to be delivering as we expected and as others pointed out from the previous announcement. We really need that 112m intercept to deliver the goods. If the figure is anything to go by it should produce a nice core but grades are a whole different story.

Lower levels of oxidisation are required for that (less water as well) so deeper is the only way, as we seem to be doing that. Spodumene generally has 6-7.5% Li2O when found in high grades in LCT pegmatites (or 8% when it is pure spodumene). We have these types of pegmatites. Polylithionite, being a lithium bearing mica, falls into another suite including trilithionite, lepidolite and zinnwaldite, which can all range from 2% - 7.7% Li2O.

When we look at projects like Pilgangoora, they had 39% spodumene while Polylithionite was only 0.21% of the mass they had tested. Although that's from 2018, and much earlier in their journey, it sheds some light on the importance of having spodumene predominant pegmatites.

I'm no geo by any stretch but logic would tell me that less oxidisation is going to see those elevated trilithionite intercepts turn into spodumene, seeing that they are coexisting in those drill holes.

I also had a look at groundwater and the water table in the Erongo region. The region itself is known for having very little ground water potential. The Tsisab river branches off into another tributary which passes Uis. How this affects the area, I'm not sure, however the Erongo region and the region around Uis specifically is characterised by hard rock with a aquitard, aquiclude categorisation. This means that significant quantities of water can't be extracted from the ground because no water moves (in other words barren). The area is not known for having aquifers (water bearing rocks). These aquitards/aquicludes are our issue but the consensus in government reports is that they sit very shallow (less than 100m), but vary based on topography and elevation. Only a hydrogeologist could opine on this, after doing their own testing.

In simple terms, the DD is going to do the talking and the sooner we get that on site and breach past these oxidised zones, the better.

Not investment advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AS2 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.907M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.0¢ 4.0¢ $664 16.59K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11069 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.2¢ 140550 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.14am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AS2 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.