ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1068
    Ah, so you're the one who's reporting my posts every time I say something negative. I was wondering why I was moderated for saying "Shareholders expect a board to behave legally and ethically. ASIC have suggested that ISX's board have illegally obtained shares". There's no defamation there. Statement of fact is a defence for defamation. ASIC have indicated this. LongNWrong has quoted the sections for you several times, including on this page.

Getting hung up on civil vs criminal is misguided. I can't sue you for something civil unless you've broken a law. Seriously, do you think if you sue your neighbour (which is always a civil case - neither you nor I have the authority to bring criminal charges) that you walk in to a court and say "I'm suing him for this. No, I don't have a law that he's broken, I'm just suing him." You have to quote an illegal action, for example, damage of property. If someone hasn't allegedly committed an illegal action, you can't sue them (for clarity, civil case).

And of course the SOC doesn't go into remediation and share reclamation - that's for the court to decide.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.