AS2 5.41% 3.5¢ askari metals limited

Yeah they laid it all out weirdly. Should’ve kept 7345 P1...

1. 411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    Yeah they laid it all out weirdly. Should’ve kept 7345 P1 results in a seperate announcement to current drilling updates. Kind of a buzzkill on the huge intersections when the first thing people see is “510ppm Li”, when those results aren’t related to the huge pegmatites to the south.

I’ve also had time to read it more. Unfortunately this phase (P1) of drilling at 8535 looks like a write-off to me, based on the abysmal amount of visible spodumene seen in drilling. Hopefully in subsequent phases, with the mapping team mobilised, they can find some better targets from a mineralisation aspect. They’re certainly good with the target scale. Said it before but it’s such a shame to see pegmatites that huge, be fruitless.

In regards to phase 2 in the southeastern portion of 7345, I’m actually very curious to see assays of that large body riddled with spodumene and polylithionite (A7BRC040). An alteration mica from spodumene, polylithionite has a Li2O content of about 6.5%, compared to spod’s 8%. Much higher than I thought. Which means, considering the visible mineralisation of both is very consistent throughout the entire intersection, there is actually a chance of well mineralised assays over the ~80m or whatever the downhole length is (although the mica will not be very viable to extract, the assays might look good).

I’m kind of discounting that granitic pegmatite and only considering the “felsic” pegmatite half, since there does not seem to be much spodumene in the lower intersection, through the granitic peg. Still quite a large body.

To answer your question @ma420 yes I am definitely looking forward to deeper drilling, specifically on that 7345 P2 pegmatite. If we can get to an area with less water contamination (not 100% sure if the water comes from depth or surface weathering) then there should be less alteration/oxidisation of the spodumene into polylithionite, and therefore higher grade, economic pegmatite.

It would make most sense that the oxidisation comes from surface weathering, and the better grade and consistency is deeper. Like you guys mentioned Andrada seem to have this occur at V1/V2. From memory the original rock chips on their pegmatite only got up to 0.9% Li2O.

I hope they get the diamond rig deep into these big targets at 7345 in phase 3, and not waste their time drilling deeper into the duds to the north if the tenement. If there’s the same consistent mineralisation below the current 78m deep hole, but it’s straight unweathered spod, then it could be the motherlode.

We’ll find out soon enough, that’s my Wednesday night copium ramble. do your own research, not advice

P.S. That southeastern 7345 pegmatite was only drilled recently, so maybe why Cannacord got paid out with options at such a high strike price randomly. I think it has the best chance of actually being a winner.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AS2 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
-0.002(5.41%)
Mkt cap ! $3.419M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.1¢ $32.42K 989.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 86000 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 241877 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AS2 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.