LVT 0.00% 0.6¢ livetiles limited

Ann: ASR surpasses $10m and major agreement signed with N3, page-23

1. 78 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I know what you mean. The funny thing about this company is that it's hard to actually see a demo of what they do. Most people here have never tried it, myself included. You need to request a personal demo from the company but the problem is that it's designed for large enterprise customers, not SMEs, so there's no quick and easy free trial to see. Long story short, it's difficult unless you actually work in a large company that is using it or are in a school that is running the free version.

I don't see it as much of a "product" but rather a service company. It's main goal is to try and make enterprise cloud software more user friendly, especially for the government, education, and white collar service sectors, like law firms. Their main "product" so to speak, is their "drag and drop technology". You basically drag elements on the screen and build a customised user workflow or canvas. They've reproduce it for different target markets and segments, which is the different products you see on their website, the exception being the recent AI products.

This brings me to my next point, which is that the industry is changing really fast. The AI products weren't really a thing a year ago and now all of a sudden they are taking off. What Livetiles is really doing is taking the core technology of Microsoft and are reproducing it for a specific target market and making it more user friendly. You can think of Microsoft as the manufacture, and Livetiles as the wholesaler. Not sure if that's the best analogy, but what I'm saying is that Microsoft want the big pie, and they want smaller companies to leverage their technology and adapt it to the marketplace. Their partnership program is key to this success.

Going back to your question, is this a "game changer". I don't see this as a "killer app" or something that will take off and go big. It's a little bit different to that. That's why alot of people don't really get this company. It's designed to supplement and fulfill what Microsoft is lacking in the marketplace. It was sort of setup to look like and feel like Microsoft in a way. Even the name mimics the Live Tiles concept in Windows.

What Microsoft is really lacking, which is what Apple always had, was that X factor. Apple products would always be easier to use and would fit within a small segment of the market. Basically the product was cooler and would be fit for purpose. That's kinda what Livetiles is doing with Microsoft's products. I'm not saying that Livetiles is like Apple, I'm just saying that it feels similar to what is happening.

Also, products in the tech industry can get outdated or become obsolete quickly. That's why developing a strong brand and focusing on partnering with other technology companies can be a better strategy. An example is the new Livetiles AI products. Livetiles was able to release and adopt that quickly to market, while making it look cool and making it fit to their target market, even though it was Microsoft's technology most end users won't know.

At the end of the day, Microsoft's share price is surging because of the growth in cloud, and companies like Livetiles are benefiting from this. Will Microsoft eventually buy Livetiles, yes, will it be for an outrageous premium, probably not.
    Last edited by BrendanL: 28/02/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.