CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Cannabis (outdoor) can not yield 4 harvests a year. The only...

1. 460 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 136
    Cannabis (outdoor) can not yield 4 harvests a year. The only cannabis able to do this is auto-flower (ruderalis) and it would still grow very poorly over winter. Although cannabis is a weed, to be grown to a commercially viable quality it needs to be grown over the correct period. The most common time for planting outdoor cannabis in aus is September, with an expected harvest time around March.
    Hemp may be slightly different and I don’t have much knowledge on its growth patterns, but I can’t see it being too much different to cannabis. Management originally claimed they were aiming for 3 harvests a year if I remember correctly. To my knowledge, since the last harvest (March 2018) they have not harvested another crop. Which would mean it was not commercially viable to grow over the winter months.
    This shouldn’t be too much of a problem, if they grow enough irrigated crops in the spring/summer season id imagine they’ll be able to harvest enough hemp seed to give them a good stockpile. March will be a pivotal point for the company, as it will show us whether their new methods for growing prove to be much more successful than the 2018 crop.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.