GMV 0.00% 3.9¢ g medical innovations holdings limited

Ann: ASX Confirms G Medical Delisting, page-19

1. 485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 905
    Agreed. I worked for Ascom for many years in Europe and Asia Pac, they were into DECT and WiFi devices, but unlike competitors (Cisco, Siemens etc) Ascom brought out a class 1 medical device that was compatible with the major (Philips, GE) ECG type machines, as part of our offering into clinical settings. ECG wave patterns were sent to the devices of Cardiologists and support staff as soon as vitals went outside a "safe" level. They same handset could track/ locate people and other clinical devices anywhere in the hospital (Syringe Drivers, Wheelchairs, anything) using real time location from the WiFi network. That was ten years ago.

The interesting thing was that the "big boys" listed above, never considered going to the trouble of designing a class 1 device, as hospital/ medical markets were such a small part of their business. I would suggest Apple would be in the same boat. If they ever did decide the costs associated with bringing a medical device to market were justifiable - we'd all be in trouble. I personally think it's too far out of their lane, and there's not enough profit

The interfacing technology has been around for some time. The lower cost wireless patch in hospitals and at home (replacing very expensive static monitoring equipment) and large scale, monitoring centers are the future.

As I said, I think 5 9's reliability, ease of use, good service and an ability to market it correctly, are key.
    Fingers crossed.

And glad to hear it's nothing serious Eyeman....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.