COB 1.14% 8.7¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

I'm not a holder. COB is on my watchlist but I haven't pulled...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    I'm not a holder. COB is on my watchlist but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've come close a couple of times!

I don't know a lot about mining, and have only a basic understanding of economics. However I am really impressed with the presentations and communication. Everything seems open, honest, transparent, and frequent. They put to shame some other small cap companies I'm invested in where the infrequent ASX releases read like LinkedIn-style puff pieces with unkept promises, a lack of information, and under-delivering. I've watched all the COB webinars over the past year. Read all the presentations emailed to me and comments on HC. These guys certainly seem like they know what they're doing and honestly believe what they are saying and doing. I particularly like the photos of the cobalt samples and their demonstration plant machinery. They seem to get the small things right and are proud to tell everyone about what they're doing. There's a lot to like from the releases. I love that they're in Australia too and have support from government and the local community.

From my limited understanding, cobalt allows greater battery range and stability (less chance of fires!). Having lived in China for many years and spent time in Asia, I can easily imagine large metropolises there getting by without cobalt batteries. But there is no way many US Ute/SUV purchaser, or buyer in the West would trade a cheaper price for less range on a major purchase like an E.V. Not happening.

It is also impossible to see companies and consumers accepting D.R.C. cobalt (with the pollution, child labour, and supply risk) for too much longer if there's a feasible alternative.

I was surprised to hear about the refinery in WA and wastewater project in QLD (if I remember correctly). I was kind of hoping they would focus on the mine. I guess these guys know what they're doing much better than I would know though!

Cobalt seems to be suffering from the same problem as graphite: short term over-supply, long term under-supply. I guess therein lies the opportunity for the patient and brave. Although I can't see this project now going ahead given the sector tailwinds and the uniqueness of the project. Pure-play cobalt miners in tier 1 jurisdictions aren't very common.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.