AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

MIN/Ellison must be beating itself for having approached the T/O...

1. 5,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1642
    MIN/Ellison must be beating itself for having approached the T/O too opportunistically (1/571 at the time 2.8c - during a low SP). Had MIN been more vonsiderate, calculated and fair in their offer, FMG wouldn't have now picked a too larger stake (19.9% for ~4c). And now, with that much FMG holding, MIN is stuck and another increased bid of perhaps just by 1 or 2c (i.e. 5 or 6c) will not even be looked at by FMG and by numbers will not pass SH approval. MIN will now have to satisfy FNG/Twiggy (if not also BUS, Macquarie and Credit Swiss and other newly substantial holders who have bought at ~3c +) to get what it wants and bullying, insulting, belittling will not do it I am afraid.

Feel sorry for Ellison .... NOT!

I also feel FMG was encouraged by the outrage of NO voters in it's decision to get involved as it helped cement the fact that will be faithful SHs (not bond holders) will support a replaced and more caring BOD (which will likely be shaped by FMG).

Well done to all those who fought along the way. There may be more twist & turns and surprises but hopefully with a fairer game now, the direction will be more in favour of ordinary SH (not bond holders).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.