AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: ATM Facility, OTCQX and Section 708A Notice, page-32

1. 16 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 454

Regarding "The ATM has a maximum of 83 cents , so 60 million shares for AUD $50 million ."

The announcement described the 60 million shares as "security" and in the associated Appendix 2A that was published on 3rd Dec 2021, the term "collateral shares" was used.
    I interpreted this as a deposit for the ATM facility. I do not think that there is an upper limit to the issue price of shares to be issued under this ATM facility (unlike the 83 cent maximum price that you mentioned). I think the 60 million shares is held by Acuity Capital just in case AVZ does not issue shares for cash redeemed via the ATM facility within the next 27 months. It is my interpretation that the 60 million shares will be returned and cancelled (i.e. return of deposit) at the end of the ATM facility if the correct number of shares were issued to Acuity Capital during the term of the ATM (depending on SP at the time of issue).

Example case:
    Acuity Capital currently holds 60 million AVZ shares. Say AVZ SP rises to $1.00 and stays around that region long enough to result in a VWAP of $1.00. AVZ then redeems $50 million via the ATM facility and issues another 55.5 million shares (assuming 10% discount to VWAP i.e. $0.90) to Acuity Capital in return. The ATM facility then ceases and Acuity Capital returns the initial 60 million shares (collateral/security) back to AVZ, thus ending up with 55.5 million AVZ shares bought at $0.90 each and AVZ with $50 million in the bank.

I think Acuity Capital only gets to keep the 60 million AVZ collateral/security shares if AVZ is unable to issue more shares to them in return for money withdrawn from the ATM facility e.g. if AVZ has issued more than the 15% share on issue/year limit, etc.

All in all, I think that this is a great step for the company to have such a convenient access to capital at market price. To also put this in perspective, it seems to me that Acuity Capital would rather have AVZ shares than an interest payment in return for their capital.

AIMO. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.