MAQ 1.95% $94.57 macquarie technology group limited

This is my gut feeling, but from all the public readings I...

1. 45 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    This is my gut feeling, but from all the public readings I believe that the Tudehope brothers are just individuals with well-established connections in corporate Australia, both in the political and non-political sphere. It also helps that David Tudehope's wife is on a number of government/public boards.

disallowed/national/number-crunch-can-polley-count-what-s-in-her-pocket-20180917-p504bq.html
    "Congratulations are in order for Elizabeth Dibbs, the high-flying corporate lawyer and former PricewaterhouseCoopers general counsel, who on Friday was appointed to the Lucy Turnbull-led (from New York) Greater Sydney Commission as the district commissioner for the West."

While this is slightly deviating discussion about the MAQ itself, I would say that broadly speaking it seems that the MAQ leadership have developed their personal and professional connections over a long period of time within corporate Australia. It is most likely they are trying to appease both sides, similar to many other companies in the ASX.

I'm not suggesting anything untoward, but at face value it is likely that due to their personal/professional connections they are able to establish business relationships (especially with government agencies) with less friction than other companies.

Alternatively another view may be that it's likely easier for other government agencies to leverage off existing supplier arrangements with MAQ. If (say for example) 70% of government contracts are with MAQ, as a bureaucrat would it be easier implementing tenders through a long process, or simply strike a similar arrangement with MAQ using other government frameworks as a base - especially for some of the smaller contracts.

From experience, suppliers with contacts to senior executives within an organisation are recommended to be included into any tender process or their services are gently encouraged to be looked into.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$94.57
Change
1.810(1.95%)
Mkt cap ! $2.437B
Open High Low Value Volume
$93.50 $94.57 $92.52 $4.043M 43.17K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 200 $94.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$94.66 179 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.