ATU 0.00% 0.5¢ atrum coal limited

The news release dated four years ago on the PFS cites a coal...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 8 Posts.
    The news release dated four years ago on the PFS cites a coal haul road cost of US$47.6M plus another $52M for the main electrical power. An access road alone to be able to drive in equipment and take out a trial cargo, not of the design for an all-weather haul road, would likely cost 20% of this, ca $10M.

This is probably the main issue holding back on the project development - a stranded resource in the middle of NW BC on the banks of the Skeena River and within First Nations lands. The environmental work and permitting will be significant just for the haul road.

However, in a May 9, 2016 news release it was announced that Atrum had received their Bulk Sample Permit and this permit includes a Special Use Permit to use an existing railbed subgrade for land access to move equipment to the mine site and truck the bulk sample to the railway connection point. This would not be the actual long-term haul road, but would greatly increase the value of the project if ground access was established by this means.

Is anything going on to fund the Bulk Sample Mine and establish ground access?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.