BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Great announcement. Hard not to get excited at this point. Heck,...

1. 1,023 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Great announcement. Hard not to get excited at this point. Heck, why not. I'm excited.

It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds. I like that the intention is to install a reasonable number of units and evaluate their performance for a while before embarking on a large number of installations. I don't know what the chances are of any tweaking being required on the hardware components before ordering a large production run. Getting it fast is good, but getting it right is also important, as we all want to see the initial installations lead to a number of follow-on installations that could be orders of magnitude higher.

And don't forget that on the Parse front, we are expected to reach the magical number of 1 billion transactions per month in this quarter, and we are yet to see the effect of the forever free pricing in terms of data and connected devices growth. Don't know if that is good enough to open up the market significantly for aggregated data sales (there was also a number of connected devices requirement of undisclosed magnitude mentioned, I think), but I'm sure it goes a fair way towards it.

Either way, Buddy Ohm looks very much like a winner, and it seems to me that Dave and the team are very much on top of it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.