ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 773
    Thanks Bobf for that most encouraging information.

On an otherwise idle Saturday, I have been thinking about the nature of the connections between the ASIC and the MEMS. It seems that the MEMS has 32 connections on one axis and another 32 on an axis at right angles to the first. This enables 32 X 32 = 1024 AudioPixels to be addressed individually or in groups by the ASIC. Thus there are 64 points of connection (32 + 32). If there is one bad connection amongst these 64, it would not just affect the operation of one AudioPixel but 32 of them. I can only imagine what that would do to the music or other sound being reproduced.

Therefore the assembly process by AEMtec needs to be absolutely accurate in a mass production situation to provide a reliable finished product from equally reliable ASICs and MEMS chips. This is obviously not a trivial challenge and I take my hat off to those who are bringing the project to success.

In addition to generating great wealth for themselves (and hopefully some for me) they are also looking at spin-off projects to help the blind to 'see'. This is surely the stuff that attracts Nobel attention.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.