WLE 0.00% $1.39 wam leaders limited

Ann: August 2024 Investment Update, page-6

1. 5,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 404
    @TheCapatilist Agree. I responded yesterday, but HC "lost" my post ! WLE used to be a fairly innovative fund with the "Leaders" not necessarily the top 20 or so, but "up and coming leaders" in their respective fields, a quasi emerging leaders fund if you will. I agree, WLE appears to be nothing more than an index hugger, proudly advertising a terrific div yld (at the expense of capital) and there appears to be little in their main holdings that have the potential to "shoot the lights out" to compensate for their abjectly poor performance over the last 12 months. It purports to be a managed fund or have I got the wrong gender, Miss ? No wonder that LICs are losing favour and trading at significant discounts to NTA (in general) with the added difficulty of relative illiquid LICs creating the problem of buying, but more importantly of selling. Its one thing to be able to buy an LIC (and I know one in particular) with a terrific portfolio, trading at near 20% disc to NAV, but for the most time, there are no trades and a wide gap btw buyers and sells. Thats fine if you want to hold forever, but not if you want to sell in a down period and cat find a buyer. I still hold but biding my time..................to vacate...!
    Last edited by peejay2: 15/09/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.