AZJ 0.88% $3.36 aurizon holdings limited

AZJ's restart in intermodal was criticised by at least one...

1. 10,663 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1402
    AZJ's restart in intermodal was criticised by at least one analyst who said margins were lower than in (say) coal haulage.

That may still be true - I lack data - but LAU has put out a trading update saying it expects a further improvement in a key metric of between 25 and 40.84 per cent due to the collapse of Scott's Refrigerated Transport. The latter exclusively used Pacific National for rail haulage of containers such as Scott's Rand brand.

Presumably this also benefits other players, including but not limited to Team Global Express whose volumes account for filling 70 per cent of AZJ's new interstate intermodal rail flat wagons capacity with containers.

My point is AZJ may find filling the remaining 30 per cent of container slots a bit easier than it thought when it put the business plan together, because some non-Scotts carriers may choose AZJ rather than key competitor Pacific National, especially given TGE CEO Christine Holgate's comment that 'PN was being run like a monopoly.'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.36
Change
-0.030(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $6.184B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.39 $3.40 $3.34 $26.03M 7.756M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 60787 $3.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.36 80597 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.