AZJ 0.88% $3.36 aurizon holdings limited

No surprise that it coincides with AZJ's Investor Day, but its...

1. 10,663 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1402
    No surprise that it coincides with AZJ's Investor Day, but its second weekly Melbourne-Perth-Melbourne intermodal (container) train (largely but not exclusively for Team Global Express) should commence tomorrow as train 3MP1 from Victoria Dock, Melbourne, Victoria to Kwinana in southern Perth, Western Australia.

Perhaps management will inform participants of the estimate as to when more intermodals will start operating east-west.

Remember some of the eventual five weekly Nullarbor trains are to commence or terminate in Sydney,: my guess is two, as despite Daniel Andrews and Victorian Labor's ongoing 'gold medal; attempts at destroying Victoria with super high debt and taxes plus massive leftie social engineering, for historic reasons manufacturing in Victoria remains bigger than in NSW.

I'll be surprised if AZJ says much about the north-south Melbourne-Brisbane planned trains as east-west is where rail has the much greater cost allowance, a function of distance, as well as how north-south rail is hobbled by 'steam age' circuitous tracks that slow trains down. There's even weekday morning and afternoon/early evening freight train curfews through Sydney, especially troublesome between Sydney and Broadmeadow (i.e. Newcastle NSW suburb) as there's no dedicated freight line to separate from numerous suburban and interurban passenger trains and hilly terrain in part that means steep gradients.

At least on the 'Main South' Sydney-Melbourne line, intermodal trains can use the separate track for freight trains that extends south to Macarthur, just past Campbelltown.

Last edited by Hopeful9: 17/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.36
Change
-0.030(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $6.184B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.39 $3.40 $3.34 $26.03M 7.756M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 60787 $3.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.36 80597 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.