AZJ 0.88% $3.36 aurizon holdings limited

I'm still holding off because i'm not sure the sp has...

1. 9,722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 457
    I'm still holding off because i'm not sure the sp has settled.Combined with in general maintaining a considerable cash position relative to my portfolio for any future domestic/global correction.
    Just some of my observations
    -i notice TGE and aurizon have darwin port infrastructure close to each other with close access to darwin airport/port import export facilities nearby.
    -- i believe i read they are increasing the capacity of darwin port to cater for the larger ships.
    -hmm 'land bridging' i believe Chris Corrigan blasted the idea 20 years ago ?.If i'm correct then obviously there is no comparison with todays business as in online parcel delivery .
    -i can understand the arguments for a darwin distribution point then rail for national distribution .I guess they have done the maths regarding LCL shipments,airfreight co's like Amozon and going to the extreme with their own jets.
    ---i guess it will depend on the aurizon/tge efficiency .
    i notice TGE has bought another 60 by memory lge electric vans.
    -even if amazon has its own aircraft it still wouldn't make sense to fly to each state dropping off parcels.?
    -same LCL shipments.
    Above is obviously parcel service,bulk is a different strory but it makes some sense the 5 or 6 days saved rail verse shipping especially re agriculture .
    imo only it seems to make sense this land bridging' .and i feel much more confident TGE has a capable ceo like Christine Holgate.
    Anyway i just feel the sp will settle over next 6 months untill onerail /azj and tge get a handle on the new business model?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.36
Change
-0.030(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $6.184B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.39 $3.40 $3.34 $26.03M 7.756M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 60787 $3.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.36 80597 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.