ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 476 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    The future looks bright in Lithium. I note that there is verging on a misdirection on the nickel market side. Words in here project a booming market for nickel in batteries and ignore the real trend.
    With Tesla, the world's biggest EV company now saying that their US operations are moving to the same nickel free (LFP) battery that they already use for all their Chinese cars, the trend is in fact different.
    If you say that is just the world's biggest EV company ignore them, then note that China's biggest EV company BYD and the world's biggest car manufacturer VW have also committed to the CATL LFP nickel free battery.
    All is not a rosy as nickel producers are saying.
    Do you believe that EV prices are going down? Then the focus of companies manufacturing them must be on cost reduction.
    People like IGO knew that the lithium batteries that used to be popular were really nickel battery by volume. That is now rapidly changing. 12 months ago the LFP battery didn't exist. CATL developed it to get costs down.
    Ni prices are at their heights now and producers are making lots of money but the future is not as they are describing it. That is all I am saying, it's inaccurate.
    Yes some lesser EV manufacturers aren't doing this yet, but the leaders are leaders for a reason and how long long will they be able to compete if the competition uses a much cheaper form of battery that lasts a million miles?
    I actually thought IGO saw this coming and hence cleverly diversified into lithium.
    Nickel analysts at broking firms need to be expert on EV battery development to get their forecasts right. Anybody know a good one?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.